Dental emergencies can be quite inconvenient, troublesome and maybe even scary. The more you know about dental emergencies, the better chance you have of staying calm and relaxed in the situation and the better chance you have of knowing exactly what to do. So, our dentist, Dr. Jorge de la Osa, encourages you to test your dental emergency knowledge by taking the following test. We hope you learn something new!
1. True or False: If you suffer a knocked-out tooth, it’s important to keep the tooth alive by placing it in a cup of milk, between your cheek and gums or in a tooth-preservation product.
2. True or False: If you knock a tooth out of place, you need to schedule an emergency appointment immediately to increase your chances of saving the tooth.
3. True or False: If you break a tooth, you can just ignore it. It’s not a big deal.
4. True or False: If you have severe dental pain, you should consider it a dental emergency and schedule an appointment with your dentist.
5. True or False: If you have a loose tooth, there is no need to worry. Adults have loose teeth all the time.
3. B (You should schedule an appointment quickly)
5. B (Loose teeth are considered a dental emergency and you should schedule an appointment immediately)
If you have any questions or if you would like to know more about dental emergencies in El Monte, California, please contact Sunshine Dental Group today. When you dial 626.579.4274, our dental team will be more than happy to help you. We look forward to your phone call!